Name one global company that doubled its revenue since Covid-19 started. Most people will talk about Zoom undoubtedly. Zoom is a video conferencing software that truly gained public consciousness when they had nowhere to move except arrange every sort of meeting online.
Zoom has become very much popular due to its simple and user-friendly features and designs. Most people find it easy to start a meeting. Having said that, Zoom has a few built-in features that irritate a large number of people. “Mirror my video” is one of those where you get to see everything inverted around you just like a mirror.
Even though this is a default feature, you still can change the setting to normal with a few steps. This article will help you how to flip camera on Zoom with the steps sequentially. So, without further delay, let’s begin!
How to Flip Camera on Laptop?
Well, most people join in a meeting from the laptops whether it’s an official meeting, online class, or a family reunion. In these meetings, many aren’t comfortable with the Zoom screen mirroring and want to look just the way they are. So, here’s how to remove mirror effect on Zoom desktop app:
- At first, open the Zoom desktop app on your desktop or laptop. Go to the “Settings” option on the top-right corner of the display.
- In the “Settings” icon, you’ll see several tabs concerning various options on the left. The corresponding setting of a particular tab will be at the right. As mirror with Zoom is a concern of video setting, click on the video option.
- Once you get into the “Video” settings, you should see a checkbox that is ticked before “Mirror my video” option. All you need to do is to untick the checkbox on the left of the option.
- Once, the mirroring is disabled, your video won’t be mirrored anymore from then on.
How to Flip Camera on Zoom on Phone?
Let’s be honest, when you join on a meeting with your phone and see the display is mirrored, doesn’t it make you uncomfortable? A wide range of people, especially, youth, tend to use their smartphones to join meetings and classes. So, it’s my duty to discuss how to remove mirror effect on zoom mobile app.
Here is how you can flip the camera on Zoom on Mobile:
- Open the Zoom app on your mobile at first. You will see four main sections at the bottom of the display. Tap on the “Settings” function which is at the bottom-right corner of the display to change video settings.
- Inside the “Settings” option, there are several meeting and app-related settings. To change the Zoom flip camera, you need to tap on the “Meetings” option.
- Once you enter the “Meetings” tab, you will locate the “Mirror my video” option. Tap on the toggle next to the option to disable the mirroring effect.
Once the option is disabled, the toggle’s color should change to white from green. If everything works as described, you will have a perfect viewing experience from now. The background won’t be inverted and you’ll see them just the way everyone sees in a meeting.
Flipping of the camera isn’t the only annoying feature you may encounter on the Zoom app. Sometimes, you need to rotate the camera to show any object fully or perfectly. Knowing how to rotate the camera on zoom, however, can be effective in those times.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is Zoom camera flipped?
If you find yourself and your surroundings upside down or flipped sideways, possibly the setting of the app is like that. Zoom comes with a default “Mirror my video” setting which allows the Zoom camera to be flipped. You can change the setting in a few easy steps.
How do I change camera settings in zoom?
At first, you need to open the Zoom app and go to the settings option. Then, click on the “Video” tab to change any camera settings. You can change the setting both before the meeting and in the meeting as well.
How do I rotate my screen in zoom?
To rotate your screen, you also need to visit the settings option. Then, find the video setting option. Click on “Rotate 90˚” until the screen is rotated as desired.
Should you mirror video on Zoom?
Zoom videos are mirrored or flipped by default so that it looks natural when you see the screen. When you look at the webcam for Zoom, it seems like that you’re looking at the mirror. Other people at the meeting, however, will see you just the way you are. If you wish to see how they watch you, there’s a setting to fix this.
So, now you know how to flip camera on Zoom app both on laptop and mobile. Zoom has become an essential software that most of us use regularly nowadays. So, it’s important to know each setting thoroughly and you have all rights to be comfortable & look presentable in front of others.
Hope this article helps you out. Do let me know if you want to know anything else.